Saturday, March 14, 2009

Welcome to the Clifton Baptist Blog!

Welcome to the Clifton Coffee Shop, a blog of Clifton Baptist Church by your pastor, Tony Hicks.

The first question that some of you may have is, "What is a blog?" The word "blog" is short for "web log." Basically, a blog is a personal web site where where you can post your own thoughts, pictures of your grandchildren, information about your vacation, or even your own gripes. There are multitudes of blogs out there so I thought it would be good if we had one too.

I have been writing on blogs for a few years now. I have a personal blog that you can access at this link. I use it to comment on issues in the Christian world. I also write on a political blog here using a pen name. (I'll let you guess which one I am)

Someone once said of blogging; "Never have so many people with so little to say written so much to so few people." That may be true but blogs are both fun and helpful.

I would like to use this church blog as a tool to communicate with our church. Many of you are active on the internet. Hopefully, this will be something that you will make part of your normal internet habit. Some posts may be an announcement of coming events. Some posts may be devotionals or book reviews. Some may be information pieces and others may be just flat-out opinions. I will try to be clear about what I am doing.

I welcome any suggestions about how to do this best, including the blog name. I have chosen "The Clifton Coffee Shop" but I am open to any better suggestions.

I hope this will be a beneficial endeavor for us all.

Tony

1 comment: